Soybean and Pea Harvesters
When harvesting soybeans, the main criterion is always the minimum cutting height of the crop in relation to the ground. This allows to harvest low-growing soybeans. The next criterion is tracking of the ground contours by the cutting device or bean harvester. Improvement of these indicators provides an increase of 20% to 35% in the volume of threshed soybeans compared with classic grain headers. The Flex Ettaro soybean and pea harvester is an optimal solution for all grain legume harvesting tasks.
If you need advice or have any questions regarding purchasing of agricultural machinery, please call us directly at +38 (067) 612-00-66. We will help you to make the right choice and provide an economic justification.
The soybean harvester is a special device which provides re-equipment of grain headers for the most productive harvesting of legumes.
Since legumes usually have climbing stalks, and the mature pods are extremely close to the ground, the equipment should follow the contours of the field as closely as possible during the work and at a minimum height from the ground. The low cutting height provides a significant reduction of mass losses during the harvesting of beans, increasing the total yield by almost a quarter (additionally about 200-300 kg per hectare).
This is especially true in fields with large, frequent irregularities or bumps, as the special design ensures the lowest possible cut. The soybean header runs on skids in the bottom part of the body which are mounted with leaf springs for improved ground surface repetition, both longitudinally and transversally. The most advanced models featuring a floating rake can reach a cutting height of up to 2 cm. The cutting device deflects by ±75 millimetres, which guarantees the best possible cut of all mature full beans.
Pea header advantages:
- easy to install: it is not necessary to disassemble the cutting device and cut off the grain header points when modifying it. Installation is carried out on brackets and side tie locks;
- blade drive is made by means of planetary type system (MBD) and features higher reliability and cutting quality;
- the soybean harvester is equipped with spring shields, which protect the inside of the threshing unit from foreign objects and ensure maximum mobility of the cutting device;
- long dividers effectively separate the often tangled mass of legumes to ensure even loading of the header and optimal feeding of the mass to the cutting zone;
- the high flexibility rake enables the blade to bend vertically by up to 10 centimetres;
- the versatility of the soybean harvester fully justifies its price. It can be effectively used for legumes as well as for other crops (e.g. barley);
- it can be used to harvest fallen crops due to its low cutting with a cutter bar;
- performance is maintained when operating on slopes not exceeding eight degrees;
- significant increase in productivity and quality of harvesting of soybeans and peas with a little additional equipment of the combine harvester.
Basic aspects of choosing a header for leguminous crops
The main points to pay attention to in the process of selecting an attachment:
The finger rake design: determines cutting parameters, maximum deflection indicator (at least 100 mm), minimum cutting height and self-cleaning ability or its absence. A split finger rake helps achieve a minimum cutting height of 3 to 6 mm, excellent self-cleaning of the cutting parts and a long service life of the parts.
Cutting angle adjustment: allows perfect matching of the combine cutting parts to the working conditions and ensures optimum performance. It is available on the soybean header or feed elevator of the combine for grain harvesting.
Adjusting the cutting width: here, two factors come into play — the field terrain and the throughput of the combine. Both factors directly influence the width. The wider the cutting width, the more crop enters the cutting part, but the less adaptable it is to uneven terrain. Therefore, a medium cutting width should be preferred.